Marketing research process. Preliminary steps and research design. Questionnaires.
Secondary and primary data. Sampling. Processing and interpreting data. Evaluation and effective presentation of findings. Management use of the information in decisionmaking.
A class research project provides practical application of methods studied.
MKT 201, MAT211
- It is the student’s responsibility to gather information about the assignments and covered topics during the lectures missed. Regular class attendance is mandatory. Points will be taken off for missing classes. Without 70% of attendance, sitting for final exam is NOT allowed. According to IUB system students must enter the classroom within the first 20 minutes to get the attendance submitted.
- The date and syllabus of quiz, midterm and final exam is already given here, however, announcements will be given ahead of time. There is NO provision for make-up quizzes.
- The reading materials for each class will be given prior to that class so that student may have a cursory look into the materials.
- Class participation is vital for better understanding of sociological issues. Students are invited to raise questions.
- Students should take tutorials with the instructor during the office hours. Prior appointment is required.
- Students must maintain the IUB code of conduct and ethical guidelines offered by the School of Business.
- Students must refrain from any type of cheating and/or plagiarism in a course. Any student acting otherwise will receive an “F” grade in the course. School of Business, IUB, maintains a zero tolerance policy regarding violation of academic integrity.
- Students are not allowed to keep bags, handouts, books, mobile phones, smart watches or any other smart electronic devices with them during any exam. Students are advised to keep everything in the front of the class room before the exam starts. Please note that, just carrying any smart electronic devises (even if the devise is turned off or put it in silent mode) during the exam will be considered as “cheating”. Moreover, during the exam, anything written on hand palms (or anywhere else) and carrying paper materials (whatever is written) will be considered as “cheating”. Any sorts of “cheating” will result in an “F” grade with no exception. During the exam, students are only allowed to carry pen, pencil, eraser, sharpener, ruler, highlighter and calculator in a clear plastic bag.
|Type of Evaluation||Nos.||Weight|
|Class Attendance and Participation||100%||5|
|Quiz (Best two will be counted)||5||15|
|Project and Presentation||01||10|
[Class attendance is mandatory; failure to do so may deduct the final marks]
The following chart will be followed for grading. This has customized form the guideline provided by the school of Business.
* Numbers are inclusive
The course will be based mostly on the following books [some other books and journals may be referred time to time]:
Link to virtual learning system: http://220.127.116.11/sb/ (School of Business – Faculty name- Login as a guest- password is 1234).
Students who are willing to audit the course are welcome during the first two classes and are advised to contact the instructor after that.
Plagiarism- that is the presentation of another person’s thoughts or words as though they were the students’ own – must be strictly avoided. Cheating and plagiarism on exam and assignment are unacceptable.
Please see the green book for further information about academic regulation and policies, including withdrawal and grading, apples and penalties for pilgrims and academic misconduct.
Students with disabilities are required to inform the School of Business/ Department of Economics of any specific requirement for classes or examination as soon as possible.