Dr. S M Sohel Rana
Position: Associate Professor
Department: Department of Marketing
Dr. S M Sohel Rana is an Associate Professor of Marketing, School of Business and Entrepreneurship, IUB. He completed his BBA and MBA degrees (Marketing) from the University of Dhaka. He obtained his Ph.D. degree (Marketing) from Universiti Malaysia Perlis (Malaysia) under the Graduate Assistant (GA) Scholarship of Malaysian Government. He started his career as a Probationary Officer in a reputed commercial bank in Bnagladesh and then switched to teaching profession in 2010. Prior to joining IUB, he worked as a full-time faculty member at Daffodil International University for more than four years where he also performed the responsibilities of Head and Associate Head of the Department of Business Administration for more than three years. Before that he worked at Northern University Bangladesh (NUB) as a faculty member for more than six years. He also performed the responsibilities of coordinator of BBA and MBA programs at NUB. He worked as the Short Term Expert in a project funded by European Union (EU). He is actively involved in research activities and his research interest includes consumer behavior, retailing, green consumption/purchase behavior and digital marketing. He has presented papers in a number of international conferences and won one best paper award ($1000) in International Summit for Employability and Soft Skills, 2017. Dhaka, Bangladesh. He also published a good number of research papers in different international journals. He is the reviewer of some reputed journals published by Elsevier, Inderscience and Emerald.
- Associate Professor of Marketing (June 2021 to till date), School of Business and Entrepreneurship, Independent University Bangladesh.
- Associate Professor of Marketing (May 2019 to May 2021) and Head of Department of Business Administration (February 2021 to May 2021), Associate Head of Department of Business Administration (May 2018 to February 2021). Faculty of Business and Entrepreneurship. Daffodil International University.
- Assistant Professor of Marketing (May 2017 to May 2019). Faculty of Business and Entrepreneurship. Daffodil International University. Bangladesh.
- Senior Lecturer in Marketing (September 2012 to April 2017; on study leave from 16.1.2014 to 31.01.2017 for doing PhD). Business Faculty at Northern University Bangladesh (NUB).
- Lecturer in Marketing (August 2010 to August 2012). Business Faculty at Northern University Bangladesh (NUB).
- Akter A, Rana Sohel S M & Ramli A Jalil (2020). Factors Influencing Social Entrepreneurial Behavior: Evidence from a Developing Nation. International Journal of Ethics and Systems 36 (4). https://doi.org/10.1108/IJOES-05-2020-0076.
- Rana Sohel S M (2020). Supply Chain Drivers and Retail Supply Chain Responsiveness: Strategy as International Journal of Management Practice (IJMP), 13 (1). Inderscience. DOI: 10.1504/IJMP.2020.104066.
- Mohammad Abu Sufian & S M Sohel Rana (2019). The Effects of Merger on Competition: Evidence from Smithkline Beecham and Glaxo Wellcome. Academy of Strategic Management Journal, 18 (6).
- S M Sohel Rana & Md. Aminul Islam (2019). An Empirical Study on the Factors Influencing Online Shopping Behavior. The Business and Management Review. 10 (5).
- Abdulla Bin Osman & S M Sohel Rana (2019). Role of Organizational Culture towards Organizational Innovation: Evidence from Kulim Hi-Tech Park, Malaysia. Daffodil International University Journal of Business and Entrepreneurship, 12 (2), 1-9.
- Rana Sohel S M & Osman bin Abdullah (2018). Impact of Supply Chain Drivers on Retail Supply Chain Performance. The Journal of Social Sciences Research (ARPG).4 (10), 176-183. DOI: doi.org/10.32861/journal.7.2018.410.176.183.
- Benazir Rahman, Shobnom Munira, Rana Sohel S M and Md. Sazidur Rahman (2018). An Empirical Investigation on the Factors Influencing Customers’ Decision in Choosing Banks. International Journal of Business and Tehnopreneurship 8 (3), 329- 338.
- Mohammad Zahedul Alam & Rana Sohel S M (2017). Will services be the new engine of economic growth in Bangladesh? International Journal of Business and Technopreneurship (IJBT), 7 (3).
- S.M. Sohel Rana & Asma Akter (2017). Factors Influencing Graduate Employability: An Empirical Investigation. Daffodil International University Journal of Business and Economics, 11(1). 1-18.
- Mohammad Solaiman, Dr. Mohd.Suberi Bin Ab. Halim, Dr. Idris Md Noor, Dr. Nor Azila Mohd Noor and Rana Sohel S M (2017). Consumption Values and Green Purchase Behaviour: An Empirical Study. International Business Management, 11(6). 1223-1233.
- M. M. MofizUddin1 & S M Sohel Rana. (2017). Effects of Four Factors on the Customer Satisfaction of Footwear Products. IOSR Journal of Business and Management (IOSR-JBM) 19 (3). 44-50.
- Asma Akter, Abdul Jalil Ramli, Yasmin Binti Ahamd & Rana Sohel S. M (2017). Social entrepreneurship: a roadmap to reach out poverty. International Journal of Business and Technopreneurship (IJBT), 7(1). 77-86.
- Rana Sohel S. M., Abdullah Osman, Arman Hadi Abdul Manaf, Mohd Suberi bin Ab Halim and Solaiman Md (2016). Drivers of Retail Supply Chain Efficiency: Moderating Effect of Lean Strategy. International Journal of Supply Chain Management, 5 (1), 52-62.
- Rana Sohel S M, Osman Abdullah, A.H Abdul Manaf, Solaiman Md and M S Abdullah (2016). Supply chain Strategies and Responsiveness: A study on retail chain stores. International Business Management, 10(6). 849-857. DOI: 10.36478/ibm.2016.849.857.
- Osman Abdullah, Rana Sohel S M, Lim Yi Jin and Solaiman Md (2016). Effectiveness of Promotional Tools to Influence the Purchase Decisions of Unsought Products: A Study on Life Insurance. The Social Sciences, 11 (2), 87-92. DOI: 10.36478/sscience.2016.87.92.
- Rana Sohel S M, Yusuf H Osman, Osman Abdullah, Azuddin bin Bahari, Safizal M and Solaiman Md (2015). Supply Chain Strategies and Retail Supply Chain Efficiency. Australian Journal of Basic and Applied Sciences, 9(34) Special 2015, 67-73.
- Osman Abdullah, Rana Sohel S M, Yusuf Haji Othamn, Bharat Lal and Solaiman Md (2015). The Influence of Job Satisfaction, Job Motivation & Perceived Organizational Support towards Organizational Citizenship Behavior (OCB): A Perspective of American-Based Organization in Kulim, Malaysia. Asian Social Science, 11 (21),DOI: 10.5539/ass.v11n21p174.
- Rana Sohel S M, Osman Abdullah, Azuddin bin Bahari and Solaiman Md (2015). Determinants of Supply Chain Performance: A Strategic Point of View. International Journal of Supply Chain Management, 4 (3), 94-102.
- Rana Sohel S M, Osman Abdullah & Islam Aminul Md. (2015). Customer Satisfaction of Retail Chain Stores: Evidence from Bangladesh. International Business Management, 9(1). 35-40. DOI: 10.36478/ibm.2015.35.40.
- Solaiman Md., Rana Sohel S M & Hasan M. (2015). Factors Affecting the Success of Social Marketing: A case of Bangladesh. Australia and New Zealand Journal of Social Business, Environment and Sustainability, 1 (1).
- Rana Sohel S M, Osman Abdullah & Islam Aminul Md. (2015). Retail Supply Chain and Vendor Managed Inventory System: A Review. International Journal of Business and Technopreneurship (IJBT). 5, (1).
- Rana Sohel S M, Osman Abdullah & Yusuf Haji Othamn (2015). Factors Affecting Purchase Intention of Customers to Shop at Hypermarkets. Mediterranean Journal of Social Sciences. 6 (3), DOI: 10.5901/mjss.2015.v6n3p429.
- Rana Sohel S M, Osman Abdullah & Md. Suberi bin Ab. H (2014). A Revisited Retail Supply Chain Management (SCM) Practices: A Conceptual Framework. International Journal of Business and Technopreneurship(IJBT), 4 (2).
- Osman, A. DBA, Jusoh, M.S., PhD, Amlus, M. H., PhD & Rana Sohel S M, (2014). Transforming Higher Education towards Sustainable Development: Issues and Challenges. American-Eurasian Journal of Sustainable Agriculture . Special 8(8). Pp5-8.
- Alam Zahed Md & Rana Sohel S M (2013). Customers’ attitudes towards retail chain store services in Bangladesh-A comparative study between retail chain stores and small retail stores. Journal Business Studies, ISSN 2309-0944, no-21, 2013, Rajshahi University, Bangladesh.
- 26. Haque Imranul, Rana Sohel S M & (2013). Customer Satisfaction Level towards Processed and Further Processed Chicken Product: A Study on a renowned Bangladeshi Farm. International Journal of Management Sciences. 1 (8), 302-312.