Dr. Rushdi Md. Rezaur Razzaque
Room No: 4006
Dr. Rushdi Razzaque is an Associate Professor of Accounting at the School of Business, Independent University, Bangladesh. He received his PhD in Accounting from La Trobe University, Australia in 2015 and his thesis title was “Real Earnings Management and Corporate Governance in Family Firms: Evidence from an Emerging Economy.”Dr. Razzaque completed his MBA and BBA in Accounting from the University of Dhaka, Bangladesh. Before pursuing his PhD in Australia, he served Independent University, Bangladesh as a Lecturer and Senior Lecturer in Accounting during the period 2003 to 2010.
Dr. Razzaque teaches different financial accounting courses currently. Previously, he taught managerial accounting and cost accounting courses. Dr. Razzaque is interested in empirical research in Accounting with focus on areas such as earnings quality, earnings management, corporate governance, and capital market. Dr. Razzaque has several academic publications in refereed journals including the latest one in the Pacific-Basin Finance Journal.
- Razzaque, R.M.R., Ali, J., & Mather, P., 2020. Corporate governance reform and real earnings management in family firms: Evidence from an emerging economy, Pacific-Basin Finance Journal 59, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pacfin.2019.101260 (SJR Q1, Web of Science and Scopus Indexed).
- Nasir, N. A., Ali, J., Razzaque, R.M.R, & Ahmed, K., 2018. Real earnings management and financial statement fraud: Evidence from Malaysia, International Journal of Accounting & Information Management 26(4):508-526, https://doi.org/10.1108/IJAIM-03-2017-0039, (SJR Q3, Scopus Indexed).
- Razzaque, R.M.R., Ali, J., & Mather, P., 2016. Real earnings management in family firms: Evidence from an emerging economy, Pacific-Basin Finance Journal 40:237-250, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.pacfin.2015.12.005 (SJR Q1, Web of Science and Scopus Indexed).
- Sen, D. K., Razzaque, R. M. R. & Jain. S. C., 2010. Integration of ethics into accountings curriculum. Journal of Accounting & Finance 24(2): 3-21.
- Sen, D. K., Jain. S. C. & Razzaque, R. M. R., 2010. An analytical exercise on social accounting: Bangladesh praxis. Journal of Accounting & Finance 24(1): 3-30.
- Sen, D. K., Jain. S. C. & Razzaque, R. M. R., 2009. A study on cash flow reporting: Bangladesh panorama. Oorja Journal of Management & IT 7(3): 99-117.
- Razzaque, R. M. R., Rahman, M. Z. & Salat, A., 2006. Earnings Management: An analysis on textile sector of Bangladesh. Journal of the Institute of Cost and Management Accountants of Bangladesh 34(5): 5-13.
- Razzaque, R.M.R, Ali, J., & Mather, P., 2018. Corporate governance and real earnings management in family firms: Evidence from an emerging economy. 9th Financial Markets and Corporate Governance Conference 2018. Melbourne, Victoria.
- Razzaque, R.M.R, Ali, J., & Mather, P., 2015. Real earnings management in family firms: Evidence from an emerging economy. 6th Financial Markets and Corporate Governance Conference 2015. Fremantle, Western Australia.